Effective Acne Scar Removal


Finding an effective acne scar removal technique is very important. Acne is a very common skin condition, and often it leaves scars. Of people between the ages of 10-30, only 20 percent escape acne. The other 80 percent develop mild, moderate or severe acne on their back, chest and/or face.

The mild to moderate cases of acne respond fairly well to various treatments. Nonetheless, even acne receiving on-going care may leave scars – some superficial and some deep. Removing acne scar tissue can be a time consuming and expensive process. So, it’s good to do your research on what’s available and the success rates of various products and methods. This way you will be able to find the most effective acne scar removal technique for your skin condition.



Experts agree that the most important rule to avoid scarring is leaving your pimples alone. Scratching, harsh makeup, rough facial scrubs, and pinching may all contribute to irritation and lead to removing acne scar tissue later in life.

If you wear makeup look for a brand that doesn’t clog pores, and remember to remove the makeup before bed.

When washing your face use a soft cloth, warm water and gentle soap. If possible, use a drying rinse like benzoyl peroxide and a soothing moisturizer. Don’t go too heavy on moisturizers, just enough to help nourish the skin.

Effective acne scar removal techniques depend heavily on the kind of scarring a person has. There are two basic types of scarring from acne, one that comes from the loss of tissue and the other that results in tissue formation because of excess collagen. Of these two, tissue loss scars seem more common. In either case, removing acne scar tissue can be part of a larger skin rejuvenation treatment plan, or a straight-out effort to reduce or remove the scar.

It’s important to remember that both home “cures” and medical treatment plans have limitations, and don’t always provide satisfactory results. Some of the medical approaches include:

It is important to remember that these medical treatments carry some risk, such as skin irritation, infection, skin discoloration, and additional scarring. Anyone seriously considering medical approaches for effective acne scar removal should seek out a skilled Dermatologist for consultation. Fortunately, there are safer methods that you can try.

If you’re uncertain about whether you need to see a physician for effective acne scar removal, consider some simple questions. For example, does your acne respond well to over-the-counter products? If so you may not require medical intervention. On the other hand if you have acne that causes scarring, you may want to consult with a Dermatologist. Be sure to ask about natural options for removing acne scar tissue.









More about effective acne scar removal on our main getting rid of acne scars page

Quickcare Self Care Home Page



 

 

 Disclaimer, Copyright and Privacy Notice